Background

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Day 18


Good morning.
I thought I would share with you one of the cards I created for Hochanda.
This was using my fabulous "Whale of a Time" stamp sets.
Firstly I created the background using Intense Pigment Stains.  These are pigments which you add water to, to create your own coloured medium, and in this case I added it to a water bottle to create colour misting inks.
The die is one of Sue Wilson's Perspective dies which are incredible.  You can cut "in" and "out" with these dies.  Very underrated in my opinion!
I then used the Popems (links all at the bottom) and painted it with acrylic paint from Creative Expressions, and stamped over the top using my Whale of a time stamp set.
To create the water splashes at the bottom, I sponged some acrylic paint onto the the popems and it gives it a textured feel.
The splashes at the top are created from a stamp from the set, and then I took a wet brush and dabbed out some of the colour and lifted it with a kitchen towel.
It was all then matt and layered onto a 6x6 white card.
Hope you like it.




INGREDIENTS:

2 comments:

  1. Love this bright and cheerful card. I am hoping that I might see some whales during over the next few weeks as I cruise around Iceland.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa your card is stunning the stamps are amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Please head over to the link below for our brand new blog: https://lisahortoncraft.blogspot.com/